Laravel News Podcast Episode 13
Covering a few community Laravel packages
In this episode we talk about Laravel Exception Reporter, Chrome Bandwidth limiter, Chrome extension to generate Laravel tests, Jigsaw, Helpspot Vault, Fixing MySql Memory, Sparkwatch, Taxes, Jack runs into a laravel problem that Eric helps with.
- Spark breaking news
- 3:15 Laravel Exception reporter - emails you anytime an exception is logged.
- 5:30 Chrome bandwidth limiter for testing.
- 7:10 Chrome extension to generate Laravel tests.
- 9:55 Jigsaw
- 13:20 Userscape helpspot Vault - an expiring way to send info.
- 15:10 Dropbox - share a file for a week
- 17:00 Mysql is still holding for Jack on 2gb,
- 17:15 Laravel tweeted that Mysql might know the root cause.
- 17:20 James Fairhurst wrote to tell us that Forge servers do not have swap files and it's just a few commands to add one.
- 19:10 SparkWatch continues, Jack predicts the 100th day of the year. April 9th.
- 22:00 taxes in the US - Jack and Eric chat about paying taxes on side work.
- 33:15 Eric helps Jack through a laravel problem involving a complex query and how to get that into a blade template.
- Chrome extension to generate tests
- Exception Recorder
- Adding a swap file to a linux box
PS (We don't say in the show what spark is, it's a starter project that has billing, invoicing, subscriptions, user management and more built in)
Also Star Wars Force unleashed was released on DVD and BluRay today...