How can you stay focused on shipping products and still give the business the insights they need? All of these tools are collecting the same basic data points: who did something, what did they do, and where did they do it. There must be a better way to abstract this data and write cleaner code that’s more DRY.
Enter Segment, the last integration you’ll ever need. Track data with a single API and then send it to hundreds of different tools for analytics, marketing, and data warehousing. Write once, send everywhere.
The dashboard UI means it takes just minutes to turn on any of the different services available on the Segment platform. And on top of that, collecting data through one integration means there’s a single universal source of truth. That means you’ll spend less time tracking down data discrepancies and have more time to ship awesome new features.
Here’s the awesome stuff Segment has to offer:
- Collect server, web, and mobile data with a single solution. We offer a REST API and have client libraries in your favorite language.
- We automatically collect semantic events like “App Installed” for mobile apps and will soon be doing the same thing for eCommerce and other types of sites.
- You get a built-in data warehouse. Forget about writing your own ETL procedures and maintaining the pipeline. We handle it for you. You can even bring your own Postgres of Redshift instance to Segment, and we’ll handle the rest.
- Combine data from other cloud apps like Salesforce, Stripe, and Zendesk to create crazy powerful cross-platform analyses that would have taken you months otherwise.
- Hundreds of integrations including error and performance monitoring tools like Rollbar and security tools like Castle.
- A visual debugger to test your code and watch live data streaming through the Segment platform. Click into each API call to see the raw JSON and view any errors.
- Segment stores your raw data in S3, so you can replay it into tools you want to integrate later.
Engineers at more than 7,000 companies including Atlassian, New Relic, IBM, and Intuit trust Segment as their customer data platform. There’s even a free-forever developer tier. Try Segment today.
HTTPoxy “Proxy header” Vulnerability
From the HTTPoxy announcement: httpoxy is a set of vulnerabilities that affect application code running in CGI, or CG…
Github now supports Blade syntax highlighting
Thanks to James Brooks Github has just added support for Blade syntax highlighting on both your repos and Gists. This…