Marcel Pociot recently launched a course called “Build A Chatbot,” a step-by-step video course on developing, extending, and testing Chatbots and Voicebots. Marcel is the author of Botman, a PHP chatbot framework for building chatbots.
Along with his Build a Chatbot course, Marcel launched Botman Playground, which provides a quick way to get started building and debugging chatbots without setting up a local development environment.
When developing chatbots locally, you need to set up something like Ngrok to receive webhook responses on your local environment, and the whole process can be a bit cumbersome.
In Marcel’s own words:
BotMan Playground makes this [setting up a chatbot] very easy, because it will give the user a ready-to-use setup. It contains a code editor where Botman commands can be written, it has a web widget to instantly test the new commands and it also allows users to connect their chatbots to real messenger services.
Playground makes dealing with those issues a thing of the past, and provides you an editor in the browser where you can focus on building your bot instead of configuring environments:
Botman Playground gives you simple instructions for setting up your external chat services like Facebook messenger, Telegram, and Cisco Spark:
You can gain access to the Botman playground by signing up for Marcel’s Build a Chatbot course, which is in early access at the time of writing, which includes:
- Learn how to develop, test and improve a chat- or voice-based bot.
- Access to the first 41 lessons (more than 3 1/2 hours of content) – stream and download
- Access to BotMan Playground, an online IDE for your next chatbot
- Source code to each lesson as individual Playgrounds
- Lifetime access to all new material that’s added to this course
Considering that Marcel created Botman, this course is going to give you a jumpstart like no other on writing chatbots in PHP! Check it out at buildachatbot.io.
Filed in: News
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Full-Stack Developer
Nu Image Medical
- Senior Software Developer
Remote (US ONLY)/Kenilworth, NJ
- Senior Back-end Laravel API Developer - Immediate Contract (Full Time)
ApproveMe // Document Signing
- Web Development Project Manager
- Experienced Laravel/VueJS Developer (Freelance)
Remote (preferably in the US)
- Senior React / Laravel Developer
The C.A.S.E. Engineering Group
- Software Engineer
Defense Programming: Anticipating Failures with Tests
When you start working on a new feature, it is wise to plan out not only how it is expected to work, but what happens…
Spark 6.0 Is Now Available
Laravel Spark 6.0 is now available and this is one of the biggest updates yet. Some of the features of this release i…