Generate Code in Laravel with Synth
Published on by Paul Redmond
The Synth package for Laravel that helps you generate code and perform various tasks in your Laravel application. It leverages the power of OpenAI's GPT language model to provide an interactive and intelligent development experience.
This package works by starting the
artisan synth command, which then lets you interactively work with ChatGPT and run tasks. According to the readme, Synth's main features include the following:
- Automatically switch from small to large model when needed (gpt-3.5-turbo vs gpt-3.5-turbo-16k)
- Uses the functions API of OpenAI
- Cancel generation with Ctrl+C
- Attachments: Attach files to the conversation with GPT.
- Architect: Brainstorm and generate a new application architecture.
- Chat: Chat with GPT to get responses and perform actions.
- Make: Forces GPT to generate files for the question asked.
- Migrations: Generate migrations for your application.
- Models: Generate models for your application.
- Files: Write files to the filesystem.
You can also create custom modules to extend Synth using the provided interface in the package. You can learn more about this package, get full installation instructions, and view the source code on GitHub.