We’ve had an exciting week in Laravel-land, with the launch of Laravel Nova on Wednesday! Tuesday’s release of Laravel 5.6.34 released quietly before Nova, bringing a few changes and a URL validation compatibility fix for PHP 7.3.
First up, the
whereRowValues changes to properly wrap columns:
$builder = DB::table('table')->whereRowValues(['column1', 'column2'], '=', ['foo', 'bar']); dd($builder->toSql()); // expected: select * from "table" where ("column1", "column2") = (?, ?) // actual: select * from "table" where (column1, column2) = (?, ?)
Next, the default mail template’s copyright phrase (i.e., “All rights reserved.”) is localizable. Here’s the implementation:
@lang('All rights reserved.')
The last change was updating the behavior of the
EventFake to dispatch non-faked events. The previous functionality was not to execute any event listeners. Now, all events that are not faked are dispatched.
Here’s the full changelog for 5.6.34:
- Wrap columns in whereRowValues (#25179)
- Make copyrights line localizable in mail messages (#25183)
- When specifying events to be faked, other events should be normally dispatched (#25185)
- Fix URL validation pattern on PHP 7.3 (#25194)
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Full Stack or Back-End Developer
Alexandria, VA; Tallahassee, FL; Orlando, FL
Marketing for Change
- Full Stack Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA or Remote
- Laravel/PHP Developer
- Software Engineer, Web Applications
Vaughan, ON, Canada
- Contract Services Software Engineer (Laravel | Vue | Tailwind)
- Senior Laravel Developer
GE Software Inc.
- Senior Full Stack Developer (PHP | Vue | DDD)
ZSH Auto Suggestions
ZSH autosuggestions is a stand-alone plugin for ZSH that you can also easily incorporate as a plugin for the popular…
Laravel 5.7: New Pagination Link Customizations
Laravel 5.7 has a new pagination method to customize the number of links on each side of the paginator. Thanks to the…