The Laravel team released Laravel 5.8.8 yesterday with a new query builder method along with the latest fixes and changes in the 5.8 branch.
First, a new
Builder::forPageBeforeId() method was added to compliment an existing
forPageAfterId(). These methods are useful to query for records before or after a given record. In the pull request author Tim MacDonald illustrates the following example to get the records around a “focused” post:
$posts = new Collection; $posts = $posts->concat(ChatPost::forPageBeforeId(15, $focused->id)->get()->reverse()); $posts = $posts->push($focused); $posts = $posts->concat(ChatPost::forPageAfterId(15, $focused->id)->get());
BelongsToMany::detach()with custom pivot class (#27997)
- Fixed incorrect event namespace in generated listener by
- Fixed unique validation without ignored column (#27987)
- Don’t add the path only if path is
emptyin compiled view (#27976)
- Refactoring of
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Laravel Senior Developer
Remote, Canada Only
BeMo Academic Consulting
- Senior Fullstack Developer / Architect (w/m/d)
Remote / Munich - Germany
- Medior full stack developer (Laravel)
Deventer (or remote) in the Netherlands, Dutch speaking required.
- Senior Full Stack PHP Developer (Laravel)
- Senior Laravel Developer