Laravel 6.11 was released this week with a
firstWhere eloquent builder method, optimized multi-channel broadcasting in Redis, and the latest fixes and changes in the 6.x branch.
Eloquent firstWhere() method
Caleb Porzio contributed a
firstWhere method to the eloquent builder, which is a shortcut for
// Before User::where('emaill', 'email@example.com')->first(); // After User::firstWhere('email', 'firstname.lastname@example.org');
This new method is only available in the eloquent builder and is not available in the query builder.
Optimize Redis Multi-channel Broadcasting
Josias Montag contributed an optimization for broadcasting to multiple channels in Redis:
It is pretty common in Laravel to send events to multiple channels at once. Currently, this results in multiple publish commands, all sending the same payload to the Redis server. This causes unnecessary data transfer (costs), especially if the payload is rather big.
You can check out the details of this in Pull Request #31108.
- Redis Broadcaster: Broadcast to multiple channels at once (#31108)
- Fixed undefined property in
- Fixed insert float into MySQL with PHP 7.3 (#31100)
- Fixed refresh on Model with customized pivot attribute name (#31125, 678b26b)
- Remove all indentation in blade templates (917ee51)
- Added mailable names to assertion messages in
- Search for similar results in
- Senior Full Stack Engineer - Laravel
- Laravel partner seeks Lead Developer
Kirschbaum Development Group
- Senior Programmer **Immediate Opening** (send resume to email@example.com)
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Full-Stack Developer
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
JetBrains Mono – a new typeface made for developers
JetBrains launched a new typeface, JetBrains Mono, that is made specifically for developers
Customizable Feedback Component for Laravel
The laravel-kustomizer package is a customizable feedback widget for your Laravel applications. It allows you to impl…