The Laravel team released v6.17.0 this week with private-encrypted pusher channels and a new
permission configuration for the file cache store.
Allow ‘private-encrypted’ Pusher Channels
Onur Köse contributed a new feature that enables the use of
private-encrypted channels with Pusher and Pusher PHP Server.
Thanks to Onur, the Laravel broadcaster implementation now supports these channels. Check out the Pusher End-to-end encrypted channels docs for further details.
Add ‘cache.permission’ Configuration Option
Paul Klimov contributed a new option for the File cache driver to configure the octal file permission:
At the present state file cache writes files with the default umask, which is usually allows writing (deleting) only for the owner.
This creates trouble in some environments, when cache is written by web-server (e.g. nginx) and then accessed from the artisan console.
In particular this make php artisan cache:clear command to silently fail to remove file cache created by web-server.
This PR adds ‘permission’ config option for the FileStore, in the same manner as for Stream Logger.
Note: a patch fix was released (v6.17.1) shortly after v6.17.0 to address the default scenario when not set. Check out Pull Request #31593 for details.
Note: You can find patch release notes for v6.17.1 at the end of this article.
- Allowed private-encrypted pusher channels (#31559, ceabaef, 8215e0d)
- Added file
permissionconfig option for the File cache store (#31579)
running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statementto
- Fixed issue
Content Type not specified(#31533)
cachehelper to have an optional
- Allowed passing of strings to
- Consider mailto: and tel: links in the subcopy actionUrl label in emails (#31523, 641a7cd)
- Exclude mariaDB from database queue support for new SKIP LOCKED (fff96e7)
- Don’t do chmod in File cache in case if permission not set (#31593)
- Senior Full-Time Laravel Developer (REMOTE)
- Senior Laravel Developer
Remote, USA & Canada Only
- Backend Software Engineer
Remote, USA Only
- Full Stack Laravel Developer (Full-time/Contract)
Remote or Columbus, OH
- Backend PHP Developer
ABOUT YOU GmbH
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.