The next major version of Laravel Cashier (v10) was released yesterday with significant improvements including support for new Stripe APIs and support for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations in the EU.
We’re happy to announce the release of Cashier 10.0, which provides support for the currently recommended Stripe APIs and European SCA regulations. This is a major upgrade. Thank you to all the hard work by Laravel developer @driesvints! https://t.co/D3IC23wOZs
— Laravel (@laravelphp) August 13, 2019
As mentioned in the Tweet from the official Laravel Twitter account, Laravel developer Dries Vints worked hard on this release and preparing Cashier to support the new regulations. Stop by Twitter and congratulate him on this huge milestone!
To use Cashier v10, a few libraries have new minimum required versions:
- Minimum Laravel version is v5.8
- Minimum Symfony dependencies are v4.3
- Minimum Stripe SDK version is v6.40
- Minimum Carbon version is v2.0
For those upgrading from earlier versions, you should check out the extensive upgrade guide for full details of all the changes. Also be sure to check out the official documentation to get started with Cashier, including documentation on the new SCA regulations.
Here’s the relevant changelog info related to Cashier v10 if you want to learn more:
- Allow hasIncompletePayment() to check other subscriptions than “default” (#733)
- Add indexes to those columns used to lookup data in the database (#739)
- Fixed a label with an incorrect for attribute (#732)
- Improve stripe statuses (#707)
- Refactor active subscription state (#712)
- Return invoice object when applicable (#711)
- Refactor webhook responses (#722)
- Refactor confirm payment mail to notification (#727)
- Fix createSetupIntent (#704)
- Fix subscription invoicing (#710)
- Remove unused
Cashier 10.0 is a major release. Please review the upgrade guide thoroughly.
Filed in: News
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Laravel Developer
San Jose, CA
- Lead Front End Developer
- Full-Stack Laravel Developer
- Intermediate PHP Developer (Full Stack | CakePHP | Laravel | Vue | jQuery)
- Senior PHP Developer (Full Stack | CakePHP | Laravel | Vue | jQuery)
- Laravel Developer
Amsterdam (partially remote possible)
- Web Developer (Laravel)
Tweed Heads, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Tursa Employment & Training
Learn to start testing your existing codebase with Confident Laravel
The creator of Laravel Shift and Laracon speaker Jason McCreary announced the release of his course Confident Laravel…
Aire Form Builder Package for Laravel
Aire is a Laravel form builder package by Chris Morrell with features like data binding and an expressive syntax.…