Laravel Certification Program Announced at Laracon 2017
Published on by Paul Redmond
A licensed Laravel certification platform was announced at Laracon EU this week, and a new landing page is up at laravel.com/certification/. The Laravel Certification is a Human Music B.V. product and is officially licensed by Laravel LLC.
The certification price will be €249 (about $295.78) for a personal certification and a team certification is €1245 (about $1478.90). Right now you can get a pre-order discount of €50 off on the personal certification and 15% on the team certification.
Here are the topics that will be covered in the certification test:
- To pass the exam, you need to be fluent in building apps using the Laravel framework v5.5.
- If your day job involves building Laravel applications, you’ll probably do fine. The exam is designed for you. That said, it’s probably a good idea to go over the Laravel documentation, and get a refresher.
- If you’ve never built a Laravel application before, read the Laravel documentation, and try building some small to experiment with the various features.
- Topics covered include (but not limited to): HTTP, routing, blade templating, services, localization, security, collections, queues, database, Eloquent, …
- We’re also testing your knowledge of widely accepted best practices in the Laravel community.
- You need working knowledge of recent PHP versions, including topics such as object oriented, closures, and various commonly used features.
The official site also provides a FAQ where you can read answers to the most frequently asked questions and submit a ticket to ask questions.
The certification has a board of advisors that “ensures high-quality exams, and guarantees that we can make the Laravel Certification program work to continually benefit the community.”