Sketchpad is a new project, by Dave Stewart, that is an innovative live-coding, development and admin environment for your existing Laravel site.
It provides automatic routing, UI, and tooling around your controllers and methods, allowing you to write and run code without any glue.
Setup and usage are extremely flexible; install per user or per site, use it as a live-coding, live-documentation, admin area, or even your main site.
Take a look at the live video demo to get a better idea how it works:
Some of the uses of this project include:
- Test out new coding ideas
- Develop tools and utilities for everyday work
- Debug applications in the same environment they’re running in
- Practice with new libraries or APIs with your existing code
- Give new hires a place to get up to speed with the codebase
- Double check how that rarely-used function actually works
- Give all that “secret” or commented-out code somewhere to live
- Live-document existing features and tools
- Generate and manage reports
- Backend Software Engineer (PHP Developer)
Austin TX, Bonita Springs FL
Certified eSupport Corp
- Laravel Developer
Glendale, CA (COVID Remote)
- Full-Stack Engineer (Mid to Senior)
Remote (EST, CST)
- Senior Laravel Developer (AI Applications)
Remote from anywhere in the UK or from our London office
- Full Stack Engineer
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
Zttp is a Wrapper Around Guzzle for Simplifying Common Use Cases
Zttp is a new PHP package by Adam Wathan that is a Guzzle wrapper designed to bring an expressive syntax and simplify…
Generate a JSON Feed with Laravel
JSON Feed is a new project aiming to put together a formal spec for JSON based RSS feeds and here is an example of ho…