David Hemphill is working on Valet Lite, dubbed as “the easiest local development platform for macOS.” It touts a GUI for managing local development servers with all the dependencies built-in. No more managing Homebrew and multiple PHP versions on your Mac.
Its main features at launch (more on that in a second) will include:
- No need for Homebrew (Valet Lite handles the webserver and PHP for you)
- Serves Laravel and WordPress projects
- Comes with multiple PHP versions bundled
- Intelligently handles choosing ports for your servers
- Serves all sites with SSL by default
- Automatically serves your sites at .test domains
- Supports Dark Mode (of course!)
Valet Lite isn’t quite available yet, but if you’d like to get the most up-to-date info and a beta invite, sign up for the Valet Lite Beta Insiders newsletter. I know I’m excited to see what David has in store for Laravel and PHP developers!Filed in: News
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Senior Laravel Developer
- Senior Full-Stack Engineer
[REMOTE: USA Only] All Other Applications Will be Rejected Immediately"
- Senior Full Stack PHP Developer
Motto Design Studio
- Software Engineer
Remote, USA Only
- Lead Backend PHP Developer
ABOUT YOU GmbH