Microscope is a Laravel development tool that includes smart checks to discover errors related to your applications. The highlight features according to the package's readme include:
- It is created to be smarter than phpstorm and other IDEs in finding errors.
- It is created to understand laravel run-time and magic.
- It does not show you false errors, all the errors are really errors.
- Even If you have written a lot of tests for your app, you may still need this.
- It can refactor your code, by applying early returns automatically.
- It is written from scratch to yield the maximum performance possible.
The package includes over seventeen different checks and a special command to run all of them. These commands will help you discover bugs and pitfalls in applications that might not have very many tests; however, this package can also be helpful for apps with many test cases.
This package contains some useful commands that will help you avoid common pitfalls, such as:
- Avoid queries in Laravel Blade templates
- Detects "bad practices", such as
env()calls outside of configuration files
- It can automatically flatten functions and loops by applying the early return rule
- It can check your
View::make()calls and report if they refer to an incorrect/missing files
- Validates event handler registration and gate policies/definitions
You can learn more about this package, get full installation instructions, and view the source code on GitHub.
The author also has a video to demonstrate the Microscope package: