PHP Insights is a package by Nuno Maduro for instant PHP quality checks in your console.
I'm glad to announce the official release of PHP Insights: Instant PHP quality checks from your console. https://t.co/w3xkwdu2gD
— NUNO MADURO (@enunomaduro) May 14, 2019
As found in the project readme file, PHP Insights main features include:
- Analysis of code quality and coding style
- Beautiful overview of code architecture and it’s complexity
- Designed to work out-of-the-box with Laravel, Symfony, and more
- Contains built-in checks for making code reliable, loosely coupled, simple, and clean
- Friendly console interface build on top of PHPCS, PHPLOC, and EasyCodingStandard
If you want to use PHP Insights on a Laravel project, an artisan command is provided to run insights:
php artisan insights [-v]
When you run the command, you are provided an overview insights score spanning code, complexity, architecture, and miscellaneous (i.e., coding style and security). Below the overview is an interactive prompt to go over each scoring area in more detail:
I took PHP Insights for a test drive and was impressed with the ease of setup and use within a Laravel project, and the code is well structured to support any PHP project you might encounter now or in the future.
The project is under active development; the Readme highlights a few ways you can contribute to this project: writing custom Insights from scratch, adding a new insight from PHP CS Sniff, and creating or improving a preset of your favorite framework (here’s the Laravel preset).
At the time of writing, framework presets exist for Laravel, Symfony, and Yii.
Be sure to check out the How to Contribute section of the Readme for examples and details on how you can support this excellent open-source package.
You can learn more about this package, get full installation instructions, and view the source code on GitHub at nunomaduro/phpinsights.
Filed in: News
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (PHP+JS)
The Interaction Design Foundation
- Senior Laravel Developer
- Laravel / Vue.JS Developer - Join an amazing team!
- Mid / Sen. Software Engineer
- Remote PHP / Laravel Developer
- Senior PHP/Laravel Developer: Your Dream Work Environment
iPhone Photography School
- Senior Laravel Developer
Add API Keys to Your Laravel Models with Laravel Keyable
Laravel Keyable is a package by Liran Cohen that enables you to add API keys to any model and associate incoming requ…
Laravel 5.8.17 Released With a “Tappable” Trait
The Laravel team released Laravel 5.8.17 yesterday with a new Tappable trait, a dumpHeaders test method, and quite a…