The Statamic team recently launched its first open beta for v3 of the flat-file CMS and they are ready for you to give it a try.
One of the main changes to v3 is it is now built as a Laravel package instead of a “complete” application like v2. This makes it drop-in friendly for existing Laravel applications and your own Statamic sites will be much easier to extend and customize, often without needing to make addons.
This allows for things like…
- Statamic v3 will be installed via Composer
- The vendor directory won’t be included, making the package much, much smaller
- Your own Statamic site repos can be public
- Dependencies can be updated (to take advantage of fixes and features) without needing a Statamic core update or patch release
Of course, this just scratches on what all is new. The team has spent a ton of time and added lots of new features. Here are some important links about this release so you can learn more and dive right in.
- Statamic 3 Documentation
- Statamic 3 Application Repo
- Statamic 3 Core Package Repo
- Statamic 3 Migrator
A few other important pages and links
- The upgrade guide has a comprehensive list of breaking changes and a list of steps to take when upgrading a v2 site (if you don’t use the migrator).
- Statamic 3 principles is a page that gives you a high-level approach of how we think about content management and how it affects our approach to features and workflow.
- If you want to open issues, request features, or contribute please read the contribution guide first.
- The Statamic Discord is a good place to chat with us and other beta testers. Use the
Filed in: News
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Laravel Senior Developer
Remote, Canada Only
BeMo Academic Consulting
- Senior Fullstack Developer / Architect (w/m/d)
Remote / Munich - Germany
- Medior full stack developer (Laravel)
Deventer (or remote) in the Netherlands, Dutch speaking required.
- Senior Full Stack PHP Developer (Laravel)
- Senior Laravel Developer
25 Years of PHP with Rasmus Lerdorf
The keynote speaker at this year’s PHP Barcelona conference was Rasmus Lerdorf the creator of PHP and he gave an exce…
Laravel and MySQL 8: Fixing MySQL Server Has Gone Away Error
If you’ve tried to upgrade your Laravel applications to use MySQL 8, you might have run into a “MySQL ser…