TablePlus is a database GUI that supports a myriad of different databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, Cockroach, Redis, and more. They’ve had a Mac and Windows version for a few years now, and it’s been a solid application. They recently released a brand new iOS version so you can manage your databases on the go.
One of my favorite features of TablePlus is the editing mode. When you change a column, delete a row, or make any changes, it does not happen in real-time. Instead, you have to click a button to “commit” the changes and the ability to review what all changes are about to happen. Here is an animated gif showing this feature in action:
Some additional features include:
- Connect over SSH with private keys.
- Import connections that were exported from the macOS app.
- Easily filter columns.
- Every change you make is recorded in history.
- Intelligent features like code highlighting, auto-suggest, query detector, and more.
I’ve been using the iOS app for a few weeks now, and it’s an excellent product. I used it on the go at Laracon for some quick fixes on this site. If you ever wanted to leave your laptop behind and take your iPhone or iPad, then TablePlus is one of those apps you need to have.
You can download it for free on the app store, and it has a monthly or annual subscription for some of the advanced features.
Many thanks to TablePlus for supporting Laravel News this week
Filed in: News
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Senior PHP Developer (Full Stack | CakePHP | Laravel | Vue | jQuery)
- Senior Laravel Developer (Full-Stack)
Volunteer Vision GmbH
- Full-Stack Developer
Nu Image Medical
- Senior Software Developer
Remote (US ONLY)/Kenilworth, NJ
- Senior Back-end Laravel API Developer - Immediate Contract (Full Time)
ApproveMe // Document Signing
- Web Development Project Manager
- Experienced Laravel/VueJS Developer (Freelance)
Remote (preferably in the US)