The Laravel team just released v5.8.10, and this release includes two new features. A
replicating model event and
NotificationFake is now macroable.
If you are not familiar with Model Events, read our tutorial on getting started with Laravel Model Events and see how these can be beneficial in your codebase.
replicating event is added for when you want to make a copy of a model. For example:
$post = Post::find(1); $newPost = $post->replicate(); $newPost->save();
This grabs the first post, calls replicate and assigns it to a
$newPost variable, then finally saves it as a new record in the database. The replicating event will fire as part of this flow. Check out the pull request for more details and to see how this was implemented.
- Exclude non-existing directories from event discovery (#28098)
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Senior Laravel Developer (Full-Stack)
Volunteer Vision GmbH
- Full-Stack Developer
Nu Image Medical
- Senior Software Developer
Remote (US ONLY)/Kenilworth, NJ
- Senior Back-end Laravel API Developer - Immediate Contract (Full Time)
ApproveMe // Document Signing
- Web Development Project Manager
- Experienced Laravel/VueJS Developer (Freelance)
Remote (preferably in the US)
- Senior React / Laravel Developer
The C.A.S.E. Engineering Group