Update – This list is now outdated. Checkout the Laravel 5 post which covers all the new features with links to resources and tutorials.
Here is a list of new Laravel 5 features that have been mentioned so far. Lots more has been done under the hood but these are the important ones that will affect you as a user of the framework.
- dd() get an upgrade
- Laravel Scheduler
- Eloquent Attribute Casting
- New Environment Detection
- Blade Changes
- New directory structure
- Method Injection
- New and improved validation
- New File Generators
- Illuminate Contracts
Be sure and subscribe to the Laravel Newsletter which will keep you up to date on all the latest news with Laravel.Filed in: Laravel Tutorials
- Senior Full Stack Engineer - Laravel
- Laravel partner seeks Lead Developer
Kirschbaum Development Group
- Senior Programmer **Immediate Opening** (send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senior Developer/Team Leader
- Senior Backend Software Engineer- Laravel
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
The Artisan Files: Adam Wathan
This week let’s meet Adam Wathan. Adam is a developer, weight lifter, and a cool dude. He was also a speaker at…
Laracon Slides – Comprehensive Validation with Laravel 4
Kirk Bushell’s slides on validation in Laravel 4: Taking basic validation rules to a more manageable, readable…