Polacode is an extension for VS Code that allows you to quickly create awesome screenshots of your code for sharing with others. What makes this unique is it keeps your existing theme and fonts and puts it in a nice layout. Here is an example:
This uses the following settings I had defined:
"editor.fontFamily": "Operator Mono", "workbench.colorTheme": "Atom One Dark", "editor.fontSize": 12,
I know you are probably asking yourself why not just take a screenshot of the code and share that? Well, they have answers for this:
- I like and care about the shadow, padding & rounded corner of macOS’s screenshot. I want an easy way to have those nice visuals for any selection of my snippet.
- I want to hide errors, warnings, color decorators, folding markers, line numbers, scrollbar and minimap.
- It generates something decent on Windows & Linux.
I do agree the output looks great and is quick to use. Now install it and get to making those inspirational :fire: tweets from your code.Filed in: News / vscode
Join 31,000+ others and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
- Laravel Senior Developer
Remote, Canada Only
BeMo Academic Consulting
- Senior Fullstack Developer / Architect (w/m/d)
Remote / Munich - Germany
- Medior full stack developer (Laravel)
Deventer (or remote) in the Netherlands, Dutch speaking required.
- Senior Full Stack PHP Developer (Laravel)
- Senior Laravel Developer
5 Laravel Helpers to Make Your Life Easier
There are a ton of helper methods in Laravel that make development more efficient. If you work with the framework, I…
Testing Length Validation in Laravel
I thought it might help people new to the Laravel framework and testing, to walk through how to test length validatio…