Whoops is a PHP error handler framework that came pre-installed in Laravel 4 and was later removed with the Laravel 5.0 release. It was announced this week that Whoops will be making a come back in Laravel 5.5.
Some of the features of Whoops includes:
- Flexible, stack-based error handling
- Stand-alone library with (currently) no required dependencies
- Simple API for dealing with exceptions, trace frames & their data
- Includes a pretty rad error page for your webapp projects
- Includes the ability to open referenced files directly in your editor and IDE
- Includes handlers for different response formats (JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Easy to extend and integrate with existing libraries
- Clean, well-structured & tested code-base
I think what most people like is the appearance of the error pages and seeing the code causing the issue right on the page. I know many are excited this is coming back and I am one of those.
Join the weekly newsletter and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
Developing a CI Process for Laravel with Codeship and Forge
Codeship empowers developers to efficiently test and deploy web applications with a basic command. This tutorial demo…
Packagist and the PHP ecosystem
Take a look at how Composer finds its packages, and how to publish packages of your own, and some security considerat…