Bootstrap 3.3.0 is here! This release has been all about bug fixes, accessibility improvements, and documentation updates. We’ve had over 700 commits from 28 contributors since our last release. Woohoo!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Added a handful of new Less variables for easier customization.
- Removed recent progress bar changes for low percentages.
- Removed all instances of translate3d as they improved repaint performance, but also added several cross browser bugs.
- Added transforms to improve carousel performance in modern browsers.
- Updated Normalize.css and our H5BP print styles to their latest releases.
- Improved accessibility for navs, panels, tooltips, buttons, and more.
They also talk about what’s coming up in v4.
- Updated grid system with at least one additional tier for handheld devices.
- A brand new component to replace panels, thumbnails, and wells.
- A completely new, simpler navbar.
- Switch all pixel values over to rems and ems for easier and better type and component sizing.
- Dropped support for IE8.
- Tons of form updates, including custom form controls.
- New component animations and transitions for several components.
- Brand new documentation (written in Markdown, too!).
- A new approach to configuring global theming options.
- And hundreds more changes across the board.