Hyper terminal 2.0 stable just got released on all platforms this week. The most significant update is migrating from hterm to xterm.js, a full xterm terminal using web technologies. Microsoft Visual Studio Code also uses xterm.js for its built-in editor terminal.
Here are the highlights of stable 2.0 release, which is now at a 2.0.4:
- 22% faster bootup time
- Native-like baseline memory footprint
New xterm.js engine
- Improved performance
- Better cross-platform compatibility
- Chinese, Japanese, and Korean character support
- 100% backwards-compatible with existing themes
- Responsive under high-throughput I/O
What is Hyper?
Learn more about Hyper at hyper.is.